Your Service McSucks

Monday, August 16, 2010 | |


On our way to the cottage on Friday night, we stopped at the McDonald’s restaurant in Fergus. I have ridiculously low expectations of what I’m going to get at McDonald’s in terms of food quality, price and service, but things were so bad at the “drive thru” window, I think I need to blog about it.

Can I take your order?

Yes, I’ll have a Big Mac meal with a Sprite for the dr-

Is that everything?

Are you kidding?
Uh, no...I’ll also have a Chicken McNugget meal with a Co-

Is that a (garbled) or (even more garbled)?

Pardon me?

Is that six or ten?

Um, six.

Is that everything?

No, I’ll also get a cheeseburger happy meal-

Is that a girl’s toy or a boy’s?

This one is a girl’s toy...

With fries and a coke?

No, with apple slices and-

And the next happy meal?

For the first one, I want apple slices and milk for the drink...

Silence.

Aren’t you going to cut me off?
For the second, I’ll get a snack wrap with fries and a chocolate milk.

Is that everything?

Yes.

Ok, so that’s one Big Mac meal with a Sprite, one cheeseburger happy meal with a milk and one snack wrap happy meal with chocolate milk?

No, you forgot the McNugget meal with a Coke.

Did you want any sauce with that?

Yes, sweet and sour please.

That’s $26.52, drive up.

They handed us our food and my son informed me that he already had the toy that came with his meal. I stayed at the window with the toy in my hand, preparing to ask for an exchange for a different toy. None of the mcpeople ever looked out the window, so I waited and waited. Finally, the window was opened and the girl tried to hand me the drinks for the car behind me, before I could tell her why I was really there.

No exchange was possible, they forgot the sweet and sour sauce and the napkins.

Perfect.

0 comments:

Post a Comment